Lightning Carbon Cranks
The Lightest Integral Crankset and Bottom Bracket assembly … now available for purchase on-line!
|Crank type / spyder||Weight w/chainrings (grams)*||Q Factor (mm)||Chainline (mm)|
|None||Extralite||TA||BOR e-shift Road, SRAM MTB|
|Road 110 BCD||395||500||520||540||150||43.5|
|Road 130 BCD||405||535||555||150||43.5|
|MTB 104/64 or XX1|| 440
|2×10 – 520g|| XO; 24×38 – 550g
XX1; 34t – 450g
| 175 outside,
| 48 double
|Tandem 130/74||865|| 162 (130 rear axle)
175 (145 rear axle)
| 45 (130 rear axle)
53 (145 rear axle)
|* Weights shown for SL 170mm arms, BB86/90/91/95 steel bearings. For BB30, PF30, OSBB, BBright: ceramic add 34 grams, steel add 44 grams For BSA and Italian: ceramic add 44 grams, steel add 54 grams. For HD arms add 20 grams.|
- Lengths: 160, 162.5, 165, 167.5, 170, 172.5, 175, 177.5, 180, 182.5, 185, 190mm
- Adaptability: Standard Road & MTB Bottom Bracket shells with BSA (English) threads, 68mm (Road) or 73mm (MTB), Italian threads, also BB30, BB86/BB91, BB90/BB95, Press Fit 30, OSBB, BB Right, and EVO386.
- 100% hollow Unifiber integrated arm/spindle high pressure carbon molding
- Super precise ABEC-5 stock steel bearings 100% filled with waterproof grease
- Optional super smooth ABEC-5 hybrid ceramic bearings with low friction seals 100% filled with high performance low friction grease. Not available for BB86/90/91/95.
- 2024-T3 CNC machined spindles, cups, and pedal fittings
- 6AL 4V Ti spindle center bolt
- Hard anodized spindles, cups, and spyder
- Increased strength and stiffness compared to existing cranks
- Removable, interchangeable aluminum spyders
- Compatible with Power2Max power spider and Specialized spyders.
- Available Lightning Spyder sizes: 110, 130, and 94 double; 130×74 road triple; 64×104 MTB reversible double or triple; SRAM XX1 single
- Triple and 104/64 double cranks include 2024-T3 aluminum inner chainring bolts.
- 100 kilogram (220 pound) rider weight limit (SL version); HD version 130 kilogram (285 pound) rider weight limit.
- Made in USA
- Patent awarded
“The Lightning shifting was actually better (with Stronglight Zephyr rings, 50/36 and Red FD) than it was on my Campag Ultra torque non-compact set-up: shifting between rings was a little quicker and I never dropped the chain off the inside, which happened very occasionally with the Campag.” — Graham B.
“When I spend a good deal of money on something, my philosophy is that I had better see and feel a difference right away. That’s exactly what happened with the cranks. Straight away I knew they were so much more efficient and faster. The first ride was a 30 mile out-and-back ride. I know all the time checks at the various points and know my best times there. At the 20 minute mark I was 1 minute faster. At the 30 minute mark I was 90 seconds faster. At the 15 mile turnaround point I was 3 minutes faster!
“I averaged 19 mph at the end and I think my best average before was 18.3. All this without trying to hammer and go faster. I guess the efficiency and weight savings did it all. So far I have done 3 rides and am amazed each time I ride it. It feels like I have a continuous tail wind. One of the Cat 3 dudes tried to shake me off his wheel twice going to the finale and he couldn’t drop me. I was holding on without too much effort. Just amazing! My hat’s off to Lightning. Thanks.” — James
- 805 Criterium: Valley of the Flowers (June 2013)
- Installation Procedure
- Reversible 64×104 2×9/10 or 3×9/10 Spyder Details
- SRAM XX Spyder Installation Notes
- Spyder Installation Instructions
- 2009/2010 Spyder modification to fit 2011 cranks
Copyright © Lightning Cycle Dynamics, 1977–2014