The Legend Continues
|Lightning HandCycle|| Custom handgrips
and dual control shifters
| The Lightning exclusive
lean steering stabilizer
system — fully adjustable
Click for larger images
The Lightning handcycle has numerous unique features for maximum performance, some which are found on our legendary P-38 recumbent bicycle.
- Light but rigid space frame transfers all power to the drive wheel, no more torque steer.
- Rider can push against the shoulder high seat back to deliver maximum power to the pedals.
- Cast aluminum hand grips are molded to perfectly fit your hand for maximum power output with no discomfort.
- Full mesh seat back is cool, and does not compress like foam for maximum power output.
- Ergofit seat shape for maximum comfort.
- Standard dual control shifters allow on the fly shifting and braking, so you can always keep the power on!
- The unique lean-steering mechanism consists of aircraft rod-ends which allows the rider to steer by leaning. Thus full power can continue to be applied while turning.
- Lean-steering naturally shifts your weight inward for maximum cornering speeds.
- The lean-steering axis is adjustable to suit your riding style, from high speed straight aways to tight cornering.
- The learn steer system includes automatic centering springs and hydraulic stabilizers, which are fully adjustable to match your riding style.
- Handlebars below the seat can be used for better control in tight turns and fast downhills.
- A third brake lever is mounted on the handlebars.
- A fourth brake lever is mounted to the frame, this also doubles as a parking brake.
- 20 inch back wheel reduce weight and wind resistance.
- Rear wheels are aligned vertically with no camber, for minimum rolling resistance and maximum tread life.
- Optional Hayes hydraulic disc brake prevents front rim overheating on long, steep downhills.
- Two frames sizes for a perfect fit.
- You choice of custom colors.
All this adds up to a lightweight, comfortable high quality handcycle that is fast in any terrain, from hills to curves to flat straights.
|Frame||Hand-brazed 4130 Aircraft chromoly, with adjustable crank, leg hooks and steering axis|
|Finish||Electrostatic Urethane powder|
|Seat||16" wide, 24" high seatback. Full mesh with padded foam bottom|
|Gear range||21 to 105 inches|
|Brakes||Shimano Dual Pivot|
|Cassette||Shimano Deore LX 11-32 9 speed|
|Crankset||FSA Vero Triple 30x42x52 with Chaindisc|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano RSX|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Deore LX|
|Front Wheel||Shimano hub, 32 hole Alex R390 Aero rim, 26 inch, Stainless spokes, Panaracer Vivezza tire|
|Rear Wheels||Suzue QR Hubs, Alex DA-16 Aero rims, 20 inch, Stainless spokes, Continental Sport tires|
|Shifters||Shimano Tiagra dual control 9 speed|
|Straps||Knee straps, Ankle straps, and Waist Strap with buckle|
|Hand Pedals||Custom molded Ergogrip Lightweight Aluminum with low friction bushings, 16" wide spacing|
|Rider weight limit||220 pounds|
Apparelyzed-Spinal Cord Injury Support
Spinal Cord Injury peer support for patients, carers and those affected by paralysis following a spinal injury.
Copyright © Lightning Cycle Dynamics, 1977–2014