Disassembling and packing your Lightning P-38 Voyager
Each P-38 Voyager comes with printed instructions to guide your disassembly and packing. These videos should make the process even easier.
Disassembly and packing instructions
Disassembling the P-38 Voyager is simple and requires almost no tools at all. We even supply an Allen wrench and the special wrench for the frame couplers.
- Remove the pedals using an Allen wrench (included)
- Separate chain using no-tool quick link and wind chain up on crankset
- Flip boom quick-release levers, undo front derailleur cable, and slide out the boom, leaving cranks and bottom bracket intact
- Remove the seat and separate into two halves using an Allen wrench (included)
- Install padding
- Rotate the chain cage
- Unbolt the rear derailleur from frame using an Allen wrench (no need to undo cable)
- Remove the wheels
- Install plastic protectors in the wheels, and plastic spacers in the drop-outs
- Remove the cables from the cable stops on the front section of the frame
- Flip quick release to free steering stem
- Separate frame couplings using special wrench (included)
- Install the front frame covers
- Place the rear wheel in the lid. If you have a 700C rear, let the air out of the tire first. The front wheel goes in the bottom of the case
- Position the seat halves
- Nest two halves of frame (along with the stem and fork) into each other, and place in case
- Nest the bottom bracket assembly in the frame
- You’re done!