Introducing the faster, longer range, more comfortable e-bike.
The low Lightning position gives a 30% speed and range increase over upright e-bikes.
- Range: 12 to 35 miles, depending on speed, hills, and pedal assist.
- Top speed: Up to 35 mph where allowed by law.
- Pedal-Assist & Throttle On Demand.
- Programmable LCD dashboard.
The clutch in the geared motor offers zero drag when pedaling and not engaging battery power. This motor is more efficient, resulting in increased range (especially with “start/stop” riding), has more starting torque, and has greater hill-climbing ability than a Direct-Drive motor of equal power rating. The motor is also smaller in diameter and 3.4 pounds lighter than the 500-watt direct-drive.
|Brand||Electric Bike Technologies|
|Type||Internally geared (brushless, disc brake compatible)|
|Power||500 watt nominal|
|Max Torque||75 N-m @ 36 volts|
|Max RPM||259 @ 36 volts|
|Cable||8-inch axle exit, 3-phase / 5 Hall effect|
|Connector||Round 8-pin 13/32-inches (10.4 mm)|
|Weight||9.4 pounds (4.26 kg)|
|Warranty||1 year (300-pound max load)|
- Battery is in an aluminum case and can be removed for charging.
- Key lock prevents theft and unauthorized use.
- Rear rack is included with bike.
- Li-ion batteries provide a high level of performance for the duration of each discharge. Li-ion batteries have a much higher power to weight ratio than lead-acid and 5-8 times the number of charge cycles (how many times a rechargeable battery can be charged from 0-100%). The Li-ion option costs more initially, but over time, the “cost-per-cycle” is about half the cost of lead-acid. Li-ion packs also require less care as they can be left partially charged, and do not require immediate charging after each use. All batteries must be properly cared for during storage.
|Charging Time||10 amp hour pack = 4hrs|
|Nominal voltage||36 volts|
|Nominal Capacity||10 amp hour (0.2C)|
|Battery Energy||360 watt hour (Approx.)|
|Dimensions||11.7 inches (297 mm) × 6 inches (148 mm) × 2.7 inches (68 mm) (Approx.)|
|Total Weight||7.7 pounds / 3.5 kg|
|Life Cycles||800-1,000 cycles|
|Max. Continuous Discharge||22.5 amps|
|BMS Protection Current||30 amps|
|Discharge Cut-Off voltage||30 volts|
|Max. Charge voltage||42.5 volts|
|Inner Resistance||≤ 130 mΩ|
|Operation Temperature Range||Charge: 0°C to 45°C / Discharge: -20°C to 60°C|
|Storage Temperature||0°C to 40°C (Extended Storage: 15°C to 25°C)|
|Battery Case Material||Aluminum|
|Assembled Pack Certificates||UL; UN38.3; MSDS; RoHS; SGS|
|Limited Warranty||1 year|
|Manufacturer||Electric Bike Technologies|
- Proprietary Software
- Displays Speed, Trip Distance, ODO
- Battery indicator and Assist Setting
- Programmable with Speed-Limiting Option
- Customizable PAS Sensitivity Settings
In power-assist mode the motor only operates when you pedal. There are four different levels of motor assist, controlled by a selector switch.
On-demand throttle allows using the motor from a dead start. No need to be moving before the motor will engage, unlike other systems.